Laughter is brightest where food is best.
Photo by Ale Gambini – BreadLoveAndDreams.com
Pumpkin pie is a traditional American dessert eaten for Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas.This pie consists of a pumpkin-based custard, flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and baked in a pie shell. This pie is often made from canned pumpkin. Pumpkin pie can be served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
For this recipe in Italian language, please visit :
Photo by Maurizio “OttO” DE Togni – BreadLoveAndDreams.com
1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 can ( 15 oz ) pumpkin puree
1 can ( 14 oz ) condensed sweetened milk
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 Graham Pie Crust
- Preheat ove at 350F degrees.
- Brush the bottom and the sides of the pie crust with the beaten egg yolk. Bake on a baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- With a hand or stand mixer mix together 1 egg, pumpkin puree, condensed milk, pumpkin spice, salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Bake on a baking sheet for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
LA Cookie Con & Sweets Show is LA’s biggest pastry party, that will be held on Sunday, January 25th 2015 @ Pasadena Convention center. LA Cookie Con will offers to all foodies an entire day of pastry-themed party including cookie decorating classes, kid fun zone, VIP lounge for celebrities, trendsetters and social media influencers.There also will be a Celebrities Cookie Eating Contest, to raise money for charity.
Tickets for LA Cookie Con & Sweets Show will go on sale starting December 1st 2014.
My grandma Nonna Fernanda always tells me to put only the best ingredients into my recipes. Mutti tomato puree is one of her favorite ingredients and she passed the passion for this product to me . Mutti is a tomato company founded in the 1899 by Marcellino Mutti near Parma (Emilia-Romagna region). Their products are outstanding and include tomato pulp, tomato puree, peeled tomatoes, tomato concentrates and new products as tomato vinegar. For this dish I tossed homemade buckwheat gnocchi with a simple and delicious tomato mushroom sauce. A great first course to enjoy with the whole family.
A special thanks to Mutti
Photo by Ale Gambini – BreadLoveAndDreams.com
Servings : 4
Difficulty : easy
Prep Time : 40 min.
Cook Time : 30 min.
For the sauce :
425 ml ( 14.3 oz.) tomato puree
25 gr (0.88 oz.) dried wild mushrooms (porcini and chanterelle)
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves
3 basil leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
For the gnocchi :
500 gr (1 pound) potatoes
100 gr (0.8 cup) all-purpose flour
100 gr (0.8 cup) buckwheat flour
grated Parmigiano Reggiano, to sprinkle
- Cover the mushrooms with lukewarm water and let soak for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Pour the mushrooms into a strainer over a bowl. Preserve the liquid. Rinse the mushroom under running water, pat dry and cut them coarsely.
- Sauté garlic in olive oli until golden, then add the mushrooms, sauté for a couple of minutes. Add half of the soaking liquid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, the basil, salt and pepper and cook for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime peel, wash then boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Pass the potatoes through a potato ricer over a bowl, add all purpose flour, buckwheat flour, egg and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a fork then knead with your hands until a form dough forms.
- On a floured wooden cut board roll a golf-sized ball of dough into 3/4-inch diameter dowels and cut dowels into 1-inch long pieces and flick off of fork or gnocchi board.
- Drop the gnocchi into a pot of boiling salted water and cook until they raise on top of the water (usually 1 minute).
- Remove the gnocchi quickly with a skimmer, shake off the excess of water and plate the gnocchi.
- Toss with tomato mushroom sauce.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with Parmigiano Reggiano.
My web cooking series Baking Bread and Frittelle di Carnevale feat. Nonna Fernanda have been nominated in 5 categories at The 6th Annual Taste Awards.
Now it’s time for the Viewers to vote.
Please vote for BreadLoveAndDreams :
Frittelle di Carnevale feat. Nonna Fernanda in the category “Official Selection” : Best Mini Film or Documentary (5-10 minutes)
Baking Bread in the category Best Instructional Web Series
It takes only one minute, one vote per person so spread the word and fingers crossed :)
I’m so happy and thrilled to announce that WE MADE IT AGAIN!!! My web series Baking Bread and the short documentary about my grandma Nonna Fernanda are FINALIST NOMINEES at the prestigious Taste Awards!!! A special thanks to my amazing TEAM Maurizio Otto De Togni Mirko MiraKle Urania and Raimondo Di Egidio