The idea of these cookies came up while I was watching with my four years old daughter the movie “E.T.”. I didn’t remember how sweet and creepy E.T. was so I decided to bake something alien-like for Halloween 2014. I just added to my favorite double chocolate chip cookies recipe M & M’s white chocolate candy corn candies instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips, then I put two orange candies over each cookie to create alien eyes. These cookies are soft, rich and amazingly chocolatey. I baked 12 of them and they were gone in no time.
Photo by Ale Gambini -BreadLoveAndDreams.com
Yields : 12 medium cookies
Difficulty : easy
Prep Time : 15 min.
Cook Time : 10/12 min.
1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
14 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup white chocolate M & M’s candy corn candies + 2 orange candies for each cookies, to decorate
- Preheat oven at 350 F degrees.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in the egg then the vanilla until combined.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the M & M’s candy corn candies.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon slightly rounded of dough for each cookie on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Decorate each cookie with 2 orange M & M’s candy corn candies.
- Bake for 10/12minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes than transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.